Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sacramento

IMG_1394 sac I didn’t get out of the hotel soon enough again. I assumed the museums would open at noon, but when I checked the website they opened at 10am. When I got to downtown Sacramento the traffic was nuts. There was a Pacific Rim Fest. and the exit was backed up. I found a place to park not too far from the festival, The California Railroad Museum, and the Crocker Art Museum. The festival was fun with some great entertainment (video). I wanted some Thai food, but the lines were too long. The railroad museum was incredible. An older gentleman on a Yosemite shuttle recommended it.  It had all varieties of full size locomotives and railcars, life size dioramas, and a nice display of toy trains. There was trestle above the other trains that had a narrow gage train. The Crocker Museum had some interesting pieces, but most of the works were from local artist for a silent auction. The interior of the house was beautiful. I was only allowed to take a picture from inside the lobby, the ballroom was stunning with the railings, molding and woodwork. When I left Sacramento I got some shots of the Crocker house and the state capital, it’s ironic that with all the pictures I took (1200+) the last four were overexposed. I mean completely blown out. (click photo for slideshow)

When I got home it took me two days to recover, just tried and rundown. And maybe just a little melancholy because I’m headed off to someplace new everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com