Monday, May 17, 2010

Sequoia

IMG_0466seq I have read magazines and seen the TV shows, but none of it compares to seeing it in person. The Sequoias are huge and majestic. They make the biggest trees back home or even the pines I saw out west look miniscule. One of the plaques stated that looking up at a sequoia is like a mouse looking up at me. I do know how the Lilliputs felt around Gulliver. Some interesting facts: their roots only go down six feet, but out about a 100 feet. The bark is about two feet thick and a 300 foot tree grows from a seed less than the size of an oat flake. After the 2nd & 3rd day though… nope still the same feeling. I had a chance to walk along through some groves, then lay on my back and look at trees that go on forever. (click photo for slideshow).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com