Sunday, May 23, 2010

Yosemite Half Dome

IMG_1101yose No, I didn’t climb it! The cables to the top are not up yet. And honestly if they had I doubt I’ve would have been able to do that one. Again, I got an early start and took an easy stroll today around most of Mirror Lake in front of Half Dome. Half Dome looks like it is peeking (or would it be peaking? How cleaver of me) it’s head over the two mountains in front. I tried to catch some photos (without much luck) of tree swallows skimming bugs off the surface of the lake.

Then I went to Lower Yosemite Falls. There’s a bronze model of Yosemite trail. The climb looks a lot shorter on the relief sculpture.  On the walk up it’s a very beautiful view of upper and lower falls. It was loud with the roar of the falls and wet from the spray. I got wet again when I tried to get some shots of Bridal Veil Falls. (video) The bride was crying. Nothing but a torrent of water, blowing against me from the wind generated by the fall. I had garbage bags in the car, not for me, but for the cameras. Of course, I forgot them.  

Leaving the park I noticed some people looking up at El Capitan. There were watching rock climber on their accent to the top. And yes, I would like to do that, but not at that height. Maybe something like Red River Gorge.

I tried again to get a shot of the valley from the tunnel view, but I’m not having much luck with the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com