Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Turquoise Trail

Took the scenic route to Santa Fe by taking I40 to State 14. It's called the Turquoise Trail. There were nice mountain ranges and valleys. I had lunch at the Greenside Cafe in Cedar Crest NM. The only reason I mention it is because the sandwich I had the was great. It was the Sangre de Cristo Wait a minute, doesn't that mean Blood of Christ' in Spanish? Eeeeeeeewwwwwww !!!! It's actually named for a mountain range in Northern AZ. It had turkey, ham, cheeses, then battered and fried. Served with a raspberry dipping sause. The little side salad had a mango vinaigrette. Man I'm tellin' ya, it was tasty.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:32 PM

    So you basically had a deep fried sandwich...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep fried in the Blood

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com