Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Rental

I rented a Dodge Caliber 4 cylinder. Manual windows and doors. When was the last time you manually rolled the windows down? I was surprised that the 4 cylinder held it's own in high altitude.

Now, the back story,
So when I went to rent a car, Expedia only had Budget (a misnomer) and Hertz left.


The rate for 10 days was $1500!! Yikes!! I quickly went to Travelocity and find they still have Thrifty rental left at $550. Whew!! I tried to book three times and the site keeps giving me an error message "unable to process at this time"A few minutes after 11pm the rates go up now the car is $670. CRAPPPP!!!and that is for just seven days. Evidentially there are enough people traveling that there are no more car rentals in NM.I guess I will rent a separtate car in Phoenix and keep it 'til Sunday. Next year I'm not gonna drive so far, but then again I said that last year and the year before too I believe..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com