Sunday, March 29, 2009

Swarm of Fireflies

Went to the Phoenix Art Museum (PAM, now ain't that a cute acronym?) One of the most interesting exhibits I have ever seen was installation piece by the artist Yayoi Kusama. It was called,”You Who are Getting Obliterated in the Dancing Swarm of Fireflies.” Whew! That's a mouthful.
It's a large, dark room with mirrors on all the walls, ceiling and floor. There are hundreds of small diameter cables of various lengths hanging from the ceiling. Each with an LED on the end that can change colors. The mirrors reflect the lights into infinity. When I stood in the middle of all these lights it looked like I was in the floating the swarm of stars. Surreal. You can barely see my silhouette in the images.

Posted via Pixelpipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com