Friday, March 27, 2009

Take a Hike Boys!

We all took a hike today at Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area about 30 miles from the hotel. What an exotic area. Especially for someone from KY. I made the mistake of trying to pick up a tennis ball sized cactus. I ain't bright. It got stuck to my fingers and I couldn't get loose. I finally stepped on the cactus to shake off, but four barbs were stuck in my fingers. They were a little more than ¾ of an inch, but they were ¾ of the way into my finger. I did get them pulled finally. I wish I had taken a picture, but you understand it hurt.

SNAKE!!!!! Here's the first thing we saw. It didn't have a rattle, which I think is a good thing.

So many different kids of cactus. (cacti????)

Mike is right at six foot. So my guess is this one is about 30 feet tall.

But next to little stream it changes to cottonwoods. Full of leaves for spring

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com