Sunday, September 19, 2010

Labor Day

Thursday I worked another football game at West Jessamine with wazoosports.com. Uneventful game and day. The past few games the producer had made arrangements with a local restaurant for food in exchange for an on air mention. I didn’t happen this time, but we were told the concession would take care of us. Yeah, a hot dog and a coke. After the game I headed home to Bedford
IMG_3037 Friday I drove some the back roads of Trimble County and over to Madison,IN just to get out and enjoy the weather.  Went to see a friend that night and his daughter was at the football game. It didn’t take much to get him to go have a beer. At the bar he told me that it was the first one he’d had since December. DECEMBER! Man, you don’t know how good you’ve got it until you see another man’s problems. On the drive back to mom’s I pulled off the main road onto a gravel lane, shut off the lights, got out of the car and just stare at the stars. I was a clear, windy, beautiful night and the with no moon. I could see the armed cloud of Milky Way. Incredible.
IMG_3075 Saturday Donald had a get together for the UK vs UL football game. He was kinda bent out of shape because some Cardinal fans may be there and wearing their colors. One showed up with a pink “Louisville” jersey on. And the day was saved. It’s fun toIMG_3081 see a UK game with dyed in the wool fans. When the game finished I headed to Phillip’s where I was promptly shanghaied into playing cornhole. I embarrassed myself.  I improved after a couple of games. Marcia complemented me on getting better. Somehow I don’t feel that proud. I did kick 13 yr old Michael's butt in a footrace and that I am proud of.
IMG_3086 Sunday I went back to NKY to work the MDA telethon. Star64 does the local cut-in for the network. It’s a long two days (5-midnight Sunday and 6am to 7pm Monday), but a fun crew. All the years of effort seem to pay off at least for some. There were two kids, ages 16 and 4, there that had really improved with therapy. The stories of others and how hard their daily lives are just make you appreciate life more.
Man, you don’t know how good you’ve got it until you see another person’s problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com