Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bettin’ the Spread

I would guess that some teams wouldn’t want me near their games. I ran camera when Ballard beat Madison Central 42-14, UC dominated IN St Univ. 40-7, and the Columbus Crew was humiliated by Seattle 4-0 (nil). Which, like dog years, in regular sport scores equals 40-0 (nil). So, by my math, that’s a combined score of 122-21 in the past two weeks.

IMG_3022 While in Richmond I decided to stock up on my EKU gear. I bought a T-shirt, a collared shirt (you know, for those nights I like to dress up), another hat and some stickers. Total cost, $70. Now I only get $150 to do camera at the wazoo games, so if you subtract the gas ($20) the taxes ($37), and the clothing ($70). I cleared $27. I got back from Richmond about 12:30am and was up 6am for a 7am crew call to run scoreboard camera for the UC game. These are pretty low key jobs with a great spread of food before the game. Running camera for the Crew game was tougher than I expected. I’m following the ball then a defender kicks it all the way to the other end and I have to pan quickly to follow. Only a little more exciting than having to watch a soccer game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com