Sunday, July 05, 2009


I had to take another shower before heading to Louisville to see the Kentucky Show and the Kentucky Center for the Arts. It's a nice short film on the history and beauty of Kentucky. After AAA and library card discount (yep, they asked if I had a library card) it was only $4.
With the movie done I made my first ever visit to see a race at Churchill Downs. Fitz met up with me there. When I told him it was my first visit he said he had been coming to Churchill since he was four. The place is huge, about four time larger than Keeneland. Most of the races only had 6-8 horses in them. Overall I think I was $5 ahead at the end of six races when I left. It's easy to say you're ahead when you don't really keep track of the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com