Sunday, July 05, 2009

4th of July

Not a full week, but at least some stuff to keep it interesting. On Tuesday I met up with Srinivas, Lilia and some of their friends at McCormick's and Schmicks. They had a really good M&S red beer. I miss read the tap and thought it said S&M. I felt a little old when one of the girls said her father's 50th birthday was coming up. Damn, I'm two and a half years younger than her dad. It was a fun get together. Some good laughs.
Wednesday Chele and I went to see Ice Age 3D. $13.75!!!!! for a matinee!!! It was decent movie, but not worth $13.75. 3D needs some improvement. It was blurry and disorienting. After we headed to Bar Louie for dollar burger Wednesdays. The hostess sat us all the way to the back, where the windows overlook the river, and there was Dave Hyden, a comic I use to perform with. He was writing material for a showcase at Newport Funnybone that night. He shot out some material and I tried to tag some of it. I miss writing with the guys.
After Chele and I parted ways went back to the APT, but decided to go back out and see the showcase. I think this was the first showcase (open mic) I had seen in three years. It will be another three years before I go back. I was the same old 'dick and pussy' show. That's what's it called in the biz. Hyden had a good set. Audiences love him. Alex Stone had a great set; very clean, original and funny. It was a hot audience. They were laughing at everything. And NO, I didn't get the urge to get back on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com