Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Friends and Fun

Monday I had lunch with three friends, Alissa, Trudy and Dawn. They spent half the hour talking about Trudy’s baby shower. What the hell was I thinking? I was still great to get together with them.

IMG_0646 That afternoon my friend Chele and I went to Kings Island. We decided to take the twilight special; after 5pm for $25. The website states, “You can do a lot in five hours.” Don’t you believe it. We were only able to hit seven rides: The Beast, The Racer, Backlot Stunt Coaster, The Vortex, Firehawk, and the new Diamondback, twice. The Beast and the Racer are still a lot of fun. I don’t care how old they are.The Stunt Coaster was more cute than thrill. The interesting thing about it was the start. It was a catapult. So you go from 0-60 in a few seconds. I can’t ride The Vortex anymore. Too tall. My knees hit the seat in front of me and the the shoulder harness pressed me into my seat like a medieval torture device. Firehawk was a blast and worth the 50+ minute wait. IMG_0641a You get on the ride, then the seat reclines back, you go up the first hill on your back, then at the bottom of the hill it flips over and you’re flying through the air like Superman. As the ride was going up the hill I could feel my iPhone slipping out of my pocket so I spent most of the ride trying to keep a hand on my phone. IMG_0643 Diamondback was our first and last ride of the day. It was incredible. The only thing that holds you in is a small lap bar. There is an unobstructed view of everything around you. If the lap bar isn’t too snug you will get so much air time. I felt like I was floating through the whole ride. But being careful not to get slammed into my seat at the bottom of each hill. The last ride on the Diamondback was at sunset,even more fun in the dark. I hadn’t been to Kings Island in, maybe, five years. I should get back more often, but start the day in the morning so I can get in more rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com