Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cliff notes

Put in a couple of hours work, then had lunch with some former co-workers, David and Ed, at the Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant. Afterwards I went for a walk in the woods at Boone Cliffs State Nature Preserve (MAP) with a friend Chely. Needed the walk with all those tortilla chip I ate at lunch. The cliffs has some small glacial, conglomerate cliffs, tall trees and this time of year beautiful wildflowers. We saw Wood Poppy, Spur Lock, Wild Columbine, Canada Violet and Phlox. I didn't know these blooms Chely brought her flower book. We saw two that we couldn't identify. The trail was only a little wet from all the rain, but it was cool, windy, full of bird songs and only the occasional sound of a jet plane.
Snapped these with my iPhone. The first two we didn't find in the book.
The last is Wild Columbine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com