Tuesday, October 05, 2010

CLINCH

IMG_3180 If I were to pick just one game to see the Reds play this year, I picked a good one. Tuesday Sept 28th. Wood was pitching a perfect game through 5. Then Houston tied it up. Aroldis Chapman came in to retire the top of the ninth. Throwing 100 and a 101mph pitches. Then in the bottom of the 9th, Jay Bruce was first up and took the first pitch over the center field wall and the Reds win the the division for the first time since ‘95. 30,000 fans go ballistic and explode with more energy than the fireworks going off above the stadium. The chant of BRUUUUUUUCE was everywhere: in the stadium, in the concourse, down the ramp and across the bridge after the game.  My friend Ed said, “This is the most exciting thing in sports I’ve even been a part of.” Amen.

It’s hard to record something and enjoy and be in the moment, but I’m glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com