Monday, May 25, 2009

Wha' a bizy Memorial Day weekend


Friday night I had dinner with Jason and Keith at Claddagh Irish Pub at Newport on the Levee. Harp's Lager kinda bland. A beer you have to drink just to get the taste. Saturday home to Bedford to go out with the guys to BJ's in Louisville. Nice place with really good beer. I had their Red, then I tries the Red, and I finished off the evening with aaaaaaa Red. I samples a seasonal called Nitwit not much too it. The Hefeweizen was good though.

Sunday a trip to Skyline Chili so Scott could get his fix while he was in town. Man, the restaurant is soooo much better than frozen. Then Reds game. Our section was so crowed with white trash I now know what a discarded cracker feels like in a landfill. We moved to the left side of the top section because it wasn't crowded. We had the pretty much had it all to ourselves. The Reds beat Cleveland in extra innings. Then it was off to Taste of Cincinnati. Some Pad Thai, Cajun jambalaya and shrimp creole. And I do mean creole with one shrimp. Plus a BarrelHouse Red and Warsteiner Dunkel. My friend Ed met up with us, but I could only last a couple of hours. I'll have ask if he went back down to Taste after he dropped out tired ass's off across the river.




Monday, I couldn't stop watching The Longest Day on AMC. I didn't finish it 'cause I went to a birthday party for Kevin. He's the one that turned down Harvard. It was a fun, relaxing was to end an almost full weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com