Monday, May 04, 2009

The Bells! The Bells!

Sometimes my profession allows me to go places that I would not open to others. Today I got to climb up to the bell tower of Mother of God Church in Covington. The steps reminded me of the Hitchcock movie Vertigo. Rickety steps and bare brick walls. I was in the belfry while they pealed the bells. Yes, I was wearing earplugs. Where's my Esmeralda? The big bell didn't chime. It was temporarily broken. After the the ringing I went to over the largest bell and gave it a tap. Just after the quarter hour chime went off and scared me half to death. I was thinking, “What did I do? Did I do that?” I watched the video when I got back to TBNK and you can see the video jump when the quarter hour chimes hit.




























1 comment:

  1. The bells, bells, bells, bells......oh, the tintinnabulation of the bells.........

    So, new job there, Igor...........or is it pronounced Eyegore......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com