Sunday, August 29, 2010

Work out the Wazoo

IMG_3723 Aug 21, 2010.  I should have known. I SHOULD HAVE KNOW!!!  I got a call to work a game at South Oldham. I didn’t question once why it was a 6pm start for a Saturday game. When I got there I found out why. It’s was a bowl game, which means TWO GAMES!! For the price of one dayrate from me. I was, and still am, pretty pissed. 50/50 blame though. I shoulda asked and they shoulda told me. If I wasn’t getting paid at the end of the night I would have walked and I only had a 30 minute drive to mom’s not a two hour drive to Richmond.

The first game was close, Conner over Oldham 22-20. The second, Moore vs North Oldham, was a nightmare. It started late because one of the light poles went out, then the passing games began. Moore would incomplete pass, incomplete pass, complete pass then run out of bounds. North got almost all of their yard on the ground. Despite that the first quarter was ONE HOUR LONG! In the third there was an injury that delayed the game 30 miinutes. Even at the end of the game went it was truly over, North won 56-18, Moore insisted on passing. All in all it was six hours of football.

Tuesday was tear-out for tennis. Getting rid of cable that been in the elements for ten years. Luckily it wasn’t too hot of a day

Wednesday, I was back with Wazoo help tape an interview with UK women’s coach Matthew Mitchell. I talked about traveling to Spain to watch basketball and while there they saw some of the Tour de France. Plus they were in Spain when they won the World Cup. He’s the kind of guy if you ask a question he can go on for minutes. A great interview. Afterwards Rick took me to Fayette Mall to look for a new EKU cap. My last one is somewhere in California. Dick’s didn’t have any EKU apparel. There were three stores, in only one section of the mall, that sold only UK stuff. We went to Around Sports and when I walked up I saw Tennesse and, of all things, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES clothing. But did have two, count ‘em two, EKU caps. I felt good.

Thursday it was Doss High School vs somebody-I-can’t-remember. They all run together after awhile. I do remember that I was a sloppy game. Lots of turnovers and interceptions. The setup went so fast that we had about three hours to kill. I would have sent to Iroquois Woods, but the conversation was too good.

Friday night it was Lexington Christian Academy vs Christian Presbyterian Academy from Nashville. They week before CPA had beaten 2009 KY AA champ Ft Campbell. After Friday they added the 2009 KY single A champ to the win column. It was my first time to LCA and it is a huge campus with all the playing fields in one location. The stadium is huge, with molded seat for VIPS, a nice press box and a track surrounding the football field. Can ya smell the money. And I must say, some of the best looking moms of any HS sporting event I’ve been to.

I worked almost 38 hours and 25 hours in drive time drive time. It was a pretty busy week. That doesn’t happen often. And I’ll make sure it doesn’t too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com