Tuesday, February 23, 2010

MU & Miscellaneous

Did my third Miami Univ. basketball game of the year for Classic Teleproductions. Early call time of 7am Saturday, which meant being on the road by 6am. The main crew didn’t get there until 7:30 and we were done setting up by 9am. We had two hours before we had to be on camera for the first of two games at noon. An extra hour of sleep would have been nice, but I had a client that said once, “Somebody’s gonna pay for getting me out of bed today.” That’s the way I look at 7am calls.

We told to be on camera at 11am to get star shots, the ten seconds of video for the one star player played back during the show open. It never fails though that they will get distracted in the truck and when they’re ready to roll tape they players will have left the floor. And there we sit, waiting for them to come back on the floor. Always make sure you go the the bathroom before you go to your camera. You never know if you’re going to get a break before the game or eat for that matter. I packed a small, cooked microwave pizza and ate that in the crows nest high atop Millett Hall. At halftime of the women’s game I got a break and found some calzones, for me and the other top camera op., in the media room. Between games another calzone.

Hey it’s a long day! After the game a college kid asked if we wanted
any leftover pizza. A college kid that gave up a pizza. You ever heard the like? I got to thinking, Sunday, while visiting mom, we ate pizza at Hometown and I had a Red Barron’s in the middle of the week. I got so much greasy in my blood that it would float on top of water. But I worked most of it off going back a forth to my camera.(right click video to watch on youtube)

Jan 23rd.

IMG_2055 Ran camera at the EKU vs Morehead basketball game for Wazoosports. It was fun to be in the coliseum and not in the truck. The place was rockin’ with over 5600 fans. I hadn’t seen that many people in Alumni since the Waylon Jennings concert back in the early 80’s. I made a trip to the campus bookstore to get a t-shirt and just walk across campus. There were quite a few kids on campus and I couldn’t stop thinking to myself, “I was never this young.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com