Monday, June 15, 2009

Flag Day Weekend

It was a good weekend. Rain Friday caused Michael's Little League game to be postponed, so I headed out to Mt Lookout Tavern to meet up with Mel, Aislinn and others. Good lookin' crowd. Too bad they were all under 25. Felt like a chaperon at a junior high dance. Mostly watched game 7 of the NHL Championship with Mel. Too bad for her team the Red Wings.
Saturday I was up to see some Little league. Michael's team made a good comeback to win in the last inning. Michael went with a friend so Marcia, Mike and I headed to had Rio Grande Restaurante. Back at the apartment I started talking about what I had been doin' and they went right to sleep.








That night I met up with some folks from TBNK for karaoke. I belted out and beat up Tom Jones-It's Not Unusual. Evidentially women will scream no matter who sings it. When the college guys got up to yell By The Dashboard Lights I said, 'it's time to go.' (That's my Bud Josh singing)
Sunday more LL Bball. This time it was a loss. Got back to hit the Newport Italian Festival for an hour and sample about four dishes. Mama Vita's was really good. As soon as I left a huge storm hit and washed them out.










Sunday night Mel, Kevin, Aislinn and I got together for a Florence Freedom game. FF won 4-1. It's a nice small park with cheap drinks and food. Not a lot of people there I think they were scared away by the storms. But it was mostly clear in Florence. Afterwards we had one last one at the Beer Cellar on the river in Newport (next to Hooters). Aislinn is from Kalamazoo MI and she suggested Bell's Oberon. It's a nice wheaty beer.

Monday I rehydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog.
Click on photos to enlarge.
www.charlesegerton.com